Thursday, June 22, 2006

Response from Senator Janek re CLOUT Lawsuit

Ok I sent a simple e-mail to both my state senator and representaive and this is what I got back.
Kyle Janek, District 17

June 21, 2006

Mr. Bill Weldon

By E-Mail (Reply)

Dear Mr. Weldon,

Thank you for your recent communication regarding CLOUT, the lawsuit it filed against the Governor, and the Senator's opinion of said lawsuit. Sen. Janek asked me to respond to your e-mail for him, as he has returned to his medical practice in Houston for the balance of the summer. The Senator has no comment on this or any ongoing litigation with respect to the Legislature or Texas government. As you may know, Sen. Janek voted against House Bill 3, the new business margin tax at the center of the lawsuit, when it was debated on the Senate floor back in May.

As a courtesy, I have placed your email address in the active file for future updates directly from the Senator. Please contact the Senator or me if we may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Richard Spence
Tax-Budget Legislative Assistant
Office of Honorable Kyle Janek
District 17, Texas Senate
Capitol Room 3E.16


I applaud Senator Janek and his staff for keeping up with communications with people in his district. His assistant does need to get upto date on what the lawsuit is about, but I am also glad that Senator Janek did vote against HB3, At least I know that my state senator is looking out for me and the other citizens in his district.

I call upon Representative Callegari to respond to my question.

1 comment:

David Rogers said...

Nice work. Keep it up.