Thursday, July 20, 2006

Celebs--do they really deserve our attention

Marriage a Joke among famous A few lines from the article


Don't feel sorry for Christie Brinkley.
Feel sorry for her children, and so many others whose celebrity parents change "significant" others as if they were still teenagers.
I'm not sure when marriage became a game of musical chairs, but it seems that celebrities and wedded bliss, with a few exceptions, do not go hand in hand.
And let's be honest, that's what marriage is to celebrities — an exercise. Fame is not conducive to marriage. Kid Rock couldn't even date Sheryl Crow, and we know what happened to Crow's subsequent relationship with Lance Armstrong.
The point is, celebrities do seem to make a mockery of marriage, whether they do it intentionally or not.
But why should marriage be any different? They make a mockery of money, with their lavish lifestyles, private jets and Beverly Hills mansions, and then go on to preach about world hunger and environmental conservation.
They mock personal demons by throwing themselves into rehab for eating disorders, drug addiction, alcoholism, sex addiction, usually when the ratings for their TV shows are in decline or the box office receipts for their latest movies are in the toilet.

I mean this guy is right on track. Why should their problems be any more important that the common man?

A lot of their children are hopelessly lost, because they have no real family life. And that's a shame.
Ban gay marriage? How about we ban multiple marriages?

I say he is correct, however we need to ban celebs from getting married, I mean what happend to the days of Paul Newman and his wife of what 35+ years?

Then there is this story Pregnant Celebs posing nude I mean this just shows how desparate they are for our attention... Let's just start to ignore them 100% of the time

No comments: