Colorado Homeowners Group Backs off Threats Over Peace-Sign Wreath
There was a discussion about Homeowners Associations over on another blog and this event was mentioned as a reason for eliminating all HOA's. Now while I am not an advocate for that, I do believe that between this and the insane actions that cost Winona Blevins her home, there needs to be several things done.
First educate people about what a Home Owners Association is and what they can and should be doing.
Second if you have an issue with your HOA and cannot get it resolved you need to get involved. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Either run for a board position at the next annual meeting, or start showing up at the monthly meetings and participating in the process.
Third, make it difficult for HOA's to arbitrarily conduct business that deals with foreclosure. I do not think that the option of foreclosure should be eliminated but it should only be allowed after every other option has been tried, and then through a civil court, not JP or some other function.
I say this and I have been a member of my HOA Board for 9 years now and will continue to server as long as I live in my neighborhood.
here is the link to the original article
Colorado Homeowners Association Bans Christmas Wreath With Peace Sign
1 comment:
My experience with HOA's has been very stressful, to say the least.
Just this month I have been sent warning letters regarding barking dogs and not cutting the lawn in my backyard.
The only problem with this type of complaint is the evidence, or lack of. I do not have dogs, and my small backyard is completely cemented in, with two flower beds.
Some people have too much time on their hands.
WT, thank you for pointing out the Citgo article on Snopes, added the correction and thanked you on my blog.
Peace,
Edward
Post a Comment