Look at the latest from our favorite communist.
"There is one person I don't like," he said of Murdoch.
"He gives nothing to charity," said Turner
"I had better luck with the Soviet Union than with one of America's largest
and leading companies," he told an audience
A little bit of info on Murdoch and Turner
- Turner donated $1 billion over the past nine years to the United Nations to promote world peace. ( and it has not done a damn bit of good)
- Murdoch - whose net worth is $7.7 billion,
- Turner's net worth is estimated at $1.9 billion.
- CU president Hank Brown presented Turner with the 2006 Investment in Excellence Award for his public service.
- Turner said living by the golden rule (he who has the gold makes the rules)served him well in his business career until it came to Time Warner. .
- He told the audience he was most proud of CNN,
- "I'm curious. That is why I started CNN," he said. "Then I let my friends in on it."
- Turner's ranches host 45,000 bison, the meat of which he serves at his restaurants.
Hickenlooper tried to grill Turner on the seeming contradiction of an ardent conservationist raising buffalo for consumption, but he didn't get far. "They keep increasing - that is why we eat them," said Turner, drawing laughter.
All in all Turner sounds like a bitter old man who now regrets some of his previous decisions in life... You be the judge here is the link to the whole story
No comments:
Post a Comment