Welcome to my corner of cyber space. Here I will be posting on a variety of events from Local and State news, to sports ,business, and even an occasional book review.
Monday, November 20, 2006
Why do we reward Divas?
Why do we reward divas, for their petulant behavior? I mean where in the world do they get off acting the way they do? Those are questions that people are always asking, and it is not only the "DIVA" divas like Naomi Campbell, that it is asked about but also the plethora of sports divas that are around. This article looks at some of the more prominant sports divas and some of their actions.. Sports Divas It talks about Barry Bonds, T.O, and others. The sad thing is most of these people who are in this story are placed up on such a high pedastle that they seem to think their crap does not stink. I really like Charles Barkley's thought that he should not be a role model, nor should he be. The sad thing about society today is that we take people who happen to have magnificiant levels of GOD GIVEN TALLENT, and make them icons, and alot of the time it is done BEFORE they have achieved anything worth being recognized for. Randy Moss is a perfect example of someone who has become a diva because of his natural ability, but is unwilling to put the effort in to do more than he needs to do to simply get by. I sit here and am critical of these people and their behavior but there are plenty of athletes and stars that you can admire, and respect because they have worked hard and do not go searching for the spotlight, but simply accept the position and do everything that they can to be the best that they can at their own profession. Some examples Derek Jeter, Craig Biggio, Peyton Manning, the late Reggie White, LaBron James, Yao Ming, Andre Johnson, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, and there are others, that I would list, but I have other things I need to do.
Labels:
General Interest,
Headlines,
Personal,
Politics,
Social Issues
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment