Links to the senators is below.
Senator Janek,
As a taxpayer, homeowner, and resident of both Texas and your district, I would like to know why you voted against the changes in the rules of the Senate that Senator Patrick brought forth on the first day of the legislative session. This includes the elimination of the blocker rule which requires 21 senators to approve that a bill comes up for debate and vote. Your decision to not support this change has done nothing to encourage the citizens of the state that the Senate is nothing more than a good ole boys club where nothing gets done. It also makes it look like you have forgotten all of the work that both Senator Patrick did in supporting your election but have forgotten that you are a public servant whose job in Austin is to serve District 17. I hope you realize that by not eliminating that rule you and your fellow Republican Senators have effectively undermined the power of the majority that you and you r fellow Republicans have in the senate and does everything to empower the MINORITY. That is not how our government was designed, nor should it be that way in the year 2007. I am becoming even more disappointed with the current group of Republicans in legislative positions every day, and actions or lack of action like this have me questioning weather yourself and the others that I have voted for to represent MY interests in Austin as well as Washington are either woefully corrupt, or simply on an overwhelming power trip that they do not care. I am watching the actions of both the Senate and House as well as Gov Perry and Lt Gov. Dewhurst to see where my support both financially and vote wise will be going in the future.
I would appreciate a response to my comments if possible and would be more
than happy to even visit with you about my concerns when you are in Katy
area.
Thank you,
Bill Weldon
Texas Senate
No comments:
Post a Comment