Now here are some of the things that if I were GM would do:
- First I would sit down with Jason Jennings and get a long term deal worked out, and if that fails then I would admit that the trade was a mistake and get rid of him. Trade him to a contender and get a couple of prospects. As a team the Astros cannot afford to let this guy walk and only get a draft pick for him.
- Second I would make sure that Chris Burke got as much work at second base as possible, Biggio would play at most 3 days a week, and if that means he has to pinch hit to get more at-bats to get to 3k hits so be it.
- Next I would end this joke that is the Luke Scott, Jason Lane, are everyday MLB players, I would get Josh Anderson up here and see if he can cut it. Put him in the leadoff spot and hit Berkman 3rd, Lee 4th, and Pence 5th and see what happens.
- I would make sure that Eric Munson gets about 50% of the catching assignments
- I would be trading some of the following pitchers, Lidge, Wheeler, Qualls, Williams, Jennings if I cannot sign, for AA or A prospects.
- I would then bring up the kiddie corp of pitchers and let them go.
There is ZERO reason for this team to be bringing up players that are rookies that are 26-28 years old. It has been proven many times that 95% of all players have their best years between the ages of 26 and 31. So that means you should be seeing guys that are in their early 20's as rookies. There is no reason for someone who played 4 years of Division I college baseball to be sitting in high class A baseball 2 years after drafting them. The management of the development system for the Astros is screwed up and needs to be fixed.
The Astros are dead and we need to scrap this season and look towards next year and get some of the players that we know are dead wood out of here now and let the young talent see if they have what it takes. PLAIN AND SIMPLE
No comments:
Post a Comment