It is hard to believe that a year has passed since I first held you in my arms.
You have given me so much joy and happiness that I cannot express.
I can only look back, smile and pray that I have been a good father.
I know I am not perfect, and I do make mistakes, but the mistakes I make
are ones of love and caring and trying to do the right thing
How time flies it seems like:
It was only last month that we brought you home from the hospital
How time flies it seems like:
It was last month that we rushed you to the hospital again because you were sick
How time flies it seems like:
It was only last week when you started to recognize me when I looked at you in your crib
How time flies it seems like:
It was only last week when you first started to move around the house,
first rolling like a ball
then scooting like an inch worm
then crawling
now walking all over and getting into everything that your little hands can reach.
How time flies it seems like:
It was only yesterday that I held you in my arms, just moments after you were born,
a tear ran down my cheek,
a tear of joy not of sadness
a tear of excitement not of depression
a tear of hope
a tear of love.
How time flies it seems like:
It was only last night that I held you in my arms and said a prayer that the lord would help me be the best daddy I can.
I know that in the years ahead you will continue to make me smile, laugh, cry, yell at you, yell for you, and test my patience.
But I also know that you will always be my baby girl
and I will always love you.
Happy First Birthday Christina.
Love Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment