Saturday, July 08, 2006

Daddys Charge to a big sister

The days go by to fast,
The months passed
The years flown by,
I sit her now thinking back to the day you were born
The day my life became that much more full
Full of joy
Full of happiness
Full of surprises
Full of laughter
Full of games
Full of LOVE
Every day after work no matter what you are doing
When I come home you remind me that it is all worth it.
The long hours at the office
The long hours doing the chores
The long hours every night where I lay down and wonder if I am doing a good job
What I do know is what others tell me.
I hear that you are:
A good little girl,
I hear that you are:
So very quick to learn
I hear that you are:
So very polite and considerate towards others.
I hear all these things and I see them my self and realize:
that you are not the helpless little baby I held in my arms so long ago.
But you are a wonderful smart little girl

It seems like forever in the past, that day you were born,
It seems like we have experienced everything: but I know there is so much more than
The time in the hospital, the scraped knees, all of the visits to the doctor, every time I wondered if there was something that I forgot to do that caused the problem, Our time together, getting kolachies, or McDonalds, Those days when mommy was “teaching the teachers”, or the week that Mommy was out of town and it was just the 2 of us alone but together.
Through it all you always have had a hug and a kiss for daddy when we would get back together after a day apart.
I have no regrets about the past,
I have many dreams about the future
I hope to be able to share them with you as time goes by
Our Family is growing
You will soon be the big sister
Just remember
That no matter what happens
You are my first-born
You are my pride and joy
You are my inspiration for now and forever
I know that you will be the best big sister you can
And I will ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Love

Daddy

No comments: